Magical Moments

We Share Our Disney Experiences with You!

Blogger Templates

Write Your Description For Image Three Here.

Blogger Widgets

Write Your Description For Image Four Here.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: September Calendar Shot

This week's theme: September Calendar Shot

For us, September means "Back to School"

Wilderness Explorers
Wilderness Explorers at Disney's Animal Kingdom:
One of our new favorite educational experiences at Walt Disney World.


Focused on the Magic

Special Thanks to Deb at "Focused on the Magic" for hosting the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.  If you've hopped here, please feel free to look around, Like us, Follow us, Email us, or Subscribe to us.  Then be sure to use the link above to return to the blog hop and check out the other great blogs participating.  Thanks!







28 comments:

  1. What age do you think is best for Wilderness Explorers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son was just a little over 2 and he wasn't really engaged in it. He had his book and basically just copied his sister, trying to draw in it and holding it out to get his stickers when he saw her doing it. Our daughter is 6 and did much better, but still needed our help with reading the handbook and the information on signs and such. You may want to check out our post on it with an example activity here:

      http://homeiswherethemouseis.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-wilderness-must-be-explored.html

      So, I think the main requirements are having the interest in doing it and being able to follow directions. The preschool set will find some activities more appealing than others, whereas the elementary school ages are probably best suited for this since their interest will be high and they've got learning experience. I can see the interest waning in older kids, but it isn't as if they can't do it, but rather a question of if they want to.

      We really enjoyed it. It was a family experience for us since our kids weren't doing it on their own, and even I learned a few things!

      I hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the wildernes exlporers....so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo mash up! Love the educational opportunities Disney offers it's little guests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! It really is a great place to learn AND play!

      Delete
  4. I love the wilderness explorers game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have never done that - but we need to! I'm even making us Wilderness Explorer t-shirts for our next trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, that is so cool!! I think I need one of those t-shirts too!

      Delete
  6. Great shots. I'm looking forward to trying this so much! My sister and her 4 kids just did it, and all loved it- and it was one of the only things that all 4 kids agreed on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KJ! Anything you can get that many kids to agree on has to be good!

      Delete
  7. What a fun adventure for the kids! Love the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the collage such great shots, looks like the kids had a great time. Our son enjoyed this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collage; I wish we had time for this on our next visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kellie! To do all the activities can be time consuming! The great thing about it is that you can do as little or as many as you can while you're in DAK! Then you can do the ones you didn't get to on your next visit!

      Delete
  10. What a great collage! My kids can't get enough of the Wilderness Explorers and then meeting Russell. Although, we've only tried the one at California Adventure. It's be great to compare with the Animal park version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! Having never done the DL version, I can only assume that doing it inside Disney's Animal Kingdom park must add a little something to it! I'd love to hear what you think once you've done both!

      Delete
  11. We had so much fun doing Wilderness Explorers - Great collage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Last time we went we didn't get to go in (no kids!) but I'm looking forward to my daughter being able to do this! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete