Magical Moments

We Share Our Disney Experiences with You!

Blogger Templates

Write Your Description For Image Three Here.

Blogger Widgets

Write Your Description For Image Four Here.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wordless Wednesday - The Disney Letter "S"

This week's theme: The Letter "S"

Disney Security


While scrolling through my pictures looking for "S" shots for this week, I came across this pic that I just took this past weekend.  This is a Disney Security Guard checking bags at the entrance to Magic Kingdom. 

These Cast Members are some of the very first you encounter at the parks.  As guests, we too often regard them with annoyance at having to stop and waste our precious park time to have our bag inspected.  We get more annoyed if they are being too thorough in their duties, making us wait longer.  We may even feel that they are violating our privacy when they look into our bags and see what personal items we have stowed in there.  It's a thankless job these men and women do, yet they do it with a smile.

These moments we "waste" waiting to pass through security should be a time to reflect on one of the reasons we keep going back to Disney year after year.  Where else in the world can we go where we feel so safe??  

And it's not because we feel like these men and women are hovering over us, watching our every move like hawks.  In reality, the security bag check is often the only interaction most guests will have with Disney Security.  Yet this is only one layer of Disney's security system. The vast security network throughout the parks and resorts is largely unnoticed, and I think we all prefer it that way, right?



So the next time you pass through a bag check to enter the parks, give Cast Members like a Nathan a smile, and a "thank you."  It's the very least we can do for all they do for us.


Focused on the Magic

Special Thanks to Deb at "Focused on the Magic" for hosting the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.  If you've hopped here, please feel free to look around, Like us, Follow us, Email us, or Subscribe to us.  Then be sure to use the link above to return to the blog hop and check out the other great blogs participating.  Thanks!



12 comments:

  1. What a great S, you are right they don't get many Thanks. I'm glad they are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "S"! I agree, that is the most thankless job in WDW. BTW, I am surprised that they let you take pictures of the security area. That's a big security no no. They must have known you would post this lovely blog post about them;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had actually stopped to take a picture of the train station, so my camera was in hand as I turned to head over to have my bag checked. It was just a reflex. This particular guard's smile and manner were very infectious and I just felt the need to snap away. I guess no one noticed me doing so.

      Delete
  3. I would have never have thought to take pictures of the security guys! Look at that, you just created a memory (and a blog post) while you waited in line. Instead of being so impatient next time I am waiting in line at Disney i'm going to enjoy the surroundings and take a picture or two. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always taken pictures of things at Disney that other people might not necessarily take pictures of. But since starting the blog, I'm always thinking of things to post about. I wasn't sure what this would turn out to be when I took the picture. I think my original thought was "tips for getting through bag check smoothly" or something like that... but it turned into this post.

      Delete
  4. They are for the most part super nice and some do make you laugh while some are all business. Yep, the most thankless job...esp with cranky people wanting to get in the park. GREAT S! My fave of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great S! I'm thankful for Disney's security and they are always so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your take on this week's letter. You're right, it is a thankless job and we do need to be reminded they're doing their jobs to keep us safe. Thanks for this great reminder!

    ReplyDelete