Magical Moments

We Share Our Disney Experiences with You!

Blogger Templates

Write Your Description For Image Three Here.

Blogger Widgets

Write Your Description For Image Four Here.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Magical Monday: Animal Kingdom Shows



One of the many things Disney does well is entertainment.  The parades, fireworks, and shows that can be seen around the Disney Parks are world-class.  Today we take a look at two of the best stage shows you can find at Walt Disney World, and they both happen to be in Disney's Animal Kingdom!


Festival of the Lion King



Festival of the Lion King is on the must-do list for many families. It is a high energy show that gets kids and families involved in the action. With aerialists and acrobatics, it is sure to entertain even the smallest of visitors.

Festival of the Lion King is not your typical stage show. It doesn't go through the entire story of The Lion King, rather it highlights the awesome music from the movie. Plus, it adds some more catchy tunes such as "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".  Each section of the theater will be assigned an animal by the hosts and will be called upon throughout the show to make the sound of their animal.  It is a lot of fun. Performers include, bird aerialists, monkey acrobats and a fire baton twirler. Each act is entertaining and mesmerizing.

After seeing  Festival of the Lion King, you will leave the theater in a great mood. We are excited to see if they will add anything to it once it moves to its new home. If you haven't seen it, make it a priority on your next visit to Animal Kingdom! You won't regret it!



Finding Nemo, The Musical



I will admit to being skeptical of "Finding Nemo, the Musical".  I was a big fan of "Tarzan Rocks" (I must admit my closet man-crush on Phil Collins)  and though I LOVE Finding Nemo, I couldn't see it being a musical.  There were no songs in the film, so I thought this was a reach by Disney.  Little did I know I'd be tearing up at the end when Nemo sings the line "That's my dad!" 

The show is simply amazing.  The way they bring the story to life with the puppets is incredible.  There is so much color and life to them that you easily overlook the puppeteers, who are in plain sight.  And to my surprise, the songs actually make the show better, instead of detracting from the story.  It doesn't seem the least bit disjointed.

Bottom line is that "Finding Nemo, the Musical" takes a beloved Disney/Pixar film and turns it into a must-see experience at Disney's Animal Kingdom.  This is a Broadway quality, and I highly recommend taking the time to see it!


Now, Which is better, "Festival of the Lion King" or "Finding Nemo, the Musical"? 


This has been a Magical Monday blog post.  
For other ideas of ways to add extra Magic to your Disney Vacation, click HERE.

Don't forget to Like Us!, Follow Us! Email Us! or Add us to your Feed! 

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest  Email Us

No comments:

Post a Comment