![]() |
| Disney Dream, 2012 |
Hi! We're Lisa and James and welcome to our blog, "Home is Where the Mouse is." We've only just moved into the neighborhood, but we hope you'll like what we've done with the place so far.
Who are we?
We are parents, raising two adorable children here in New York. Lisa works as a teacher and James is currently a stay-at-home dad by day and freelance television director. We've only been married since 2005, but we've been a team far longer than that. We love visiting Walt Disney World and we joined DVC back in 2007. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, but we enjoy trying out all the different resorts. We've also been on a couple of Disney cruises and can't wait to do another. Someday, we'll get out west to Disneyland, and perhaps some of the other parks around the world!
It all started with a mouse...
We both had an interest in becoming bloggers, but were trying to do so independently, and nothing was getting off the ground. Lisa was organized and had a plan, but was having trouble designing her blog and working out technical issues. James had a lot of ideas, but couldn't get them organized and was struggling to find the time to dedicate to working his blog. Since we work opposite schedules, we have a hard time finding time to do things together. When we talked about blog ideas, we always came back around to the subject of Disney. We saw a lot of the blogs out there and realized, "Hey, we have a lot of Disney knowledge too," so "Home is Where the Mouse is" was born. Doing it together made sense for both of us.
This journey for us is just beginning, but so far it's been very rewarding. We appreciate all the great feedback we've gotten thus far, and we love being able to interact with our Disney neighbors and share the magic through blog hops like this one!
Thanks so much to The Magical Blogorail for hosting this Blog Hop and letting us hop on board! We're big fans! Click the button below to ride over to the Blog Hop center so you can visit the other great blogs participating!


















Thank you so much for linking up this week! It sounds like both of you started just like my husband and I. My husband had never been and our family had been to WDW every other year. I am proud to say I now have him fully hooked on Disney, as well as our three children! Though, I haven't quite convinced to help out with my blog yet, but I am working on it! So nice to "meet" you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by and for hosting this blog hop! We really appreciate being able to link up with the blogorail community. You have so many wonderful and diverse blogs. Reading all of yours has helped us to improve ours as we get it established.
DeleteWe look forward to more of your blog hops!!
What a great post! It's so wonderful that you have been able to share your love of Disney with each other throughout the years! I always enjoy visiting your blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! While we both have our personal interests that the other probably doesn't care for so much, it's great that we both love Disney. I personally felt like she might think I was weird for being SO INTO Disney, but thankfully she jumped right on board!!
DeleteThanks for stopping by. Got to go work on our Wordless Wednesday now!!
Hi Lisa and James! My name is Rosanne and I'm from "The Disney Point" and a member of the Magical Blogorail. I'm glad you linked up because I'm now a follower on Networked Blogs! Love this post - thanks for sharing. James, I'm a graduate of the College Program as well. I worked Fall 2004 in Magic Kingdom attractions. Good luck with "Home is Where the Mouse Is" I will be reading!
ReplyDeleteRosanne @ The Disney Point
Hi Roseanne! Thanks for stopping by, commenting, and following us!! We just joined and added the Networked Blogs gadget, so it's great to get some followers!! I love the daily digest they send out.
DeleteI did my College Program stint in the spring of 1994. I wanted attractions so badly, but I actually LOVED custodial once I started doing it and realized my job was mostly about interacting with guests and not just about sweeping up trash!
I also see that we are neighbors in real life. Our "islands" are right next to each other!
I really enjoyed hearing your story. I'm on the Peach line. and my blog is mostly Disney with some family stuff. It's Can Do It MOM.com. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! One thing I didn't realize when we started our blog is how much impact one little comment can have! Participating in this blog hop has been great!!
DeleteSo happy to "meet" you both. I love that you are working together on the blog. And I love the name! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I am glad we are doing this together as well. We can keep each other going, and it makes it a little less stressful to know you have someone to help. We agonized over the name for weeks! We finally landed on this one and we think it's perfect for us, (despite being a bit of a mouthful). I've been meaning to get a twitter account up and running, but the name is too long!! lol.
DeleteThanks again for stopping by!!
Hi Mike!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting and taking the time to say "hello"! We really enjoy Deb's WW blog hop and have gotten on board the last 2 weeks. We'll check out Jodi's TT hop. Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm so glad I found your blog through this "hop!" I'm now following on networked blogs and GFC. I only wish my husband was as enthusiastic about Disney and blogging as you are! I'd love for my blog to be a parter deal- oh well!! I look forward to seeing more!
ReplyDeleteBeth
What a great blog! I'm Heidi from (What's Going on in) Heidi's Head - and I'm a member of the ORANGE blogorail line. My blog isn't all Disney (though I'd sure some of my regular readers think it is). Thanks for linking up on our first hop. I'm going to go check you out on FB. I'm sure we'll see each other online quite a bit over the months to come . . .
ReplyDelete